FINANCIAL HARDSHIP ASSISTANCE.
We understand anyone can experience financial difficulty. Different life events like illness, change in income, relationship breakdown or emergency events like natural disasters can cause you to experience financial hardship.
We are here to help and have a dedicated Hardship Assistance Team to support you.
We may be able to assist by offering you:
- an extension of loan terms
- a short term fixed/reduced repayment for an amount below the current monthly payment
- a short term moratorium or deferral of repayment
- a capitalisation of arrears
When contacting us, please have supporting information such as:
- your income and employment status
- what you own (house, household items, vehicles and shares)
- what you owe (with us and with other lenders)
- what has changed which has caused your difficulty
- what changes you expect in the future
If you wish to seek assistance please contact our Hardship Assistance Team at:
(+61) 3 9264 4118
Financial counselling is a free service offered by community organisations, community legal centres and some government agencies. Financial counsellors can provide you more help if you need it.
The National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007 is open from 9:30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. When you call this number you will be automatically transferred to the phone service in your state (opening hours can differ in different states). Calls from mobile phones may incur additional fees.